Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I'm allergic to WHAT?

Anyone who has been following my blog know that I am always thinking I am allergic or sensitive to something. First it was gluten/wheat. Then it was dairy. Tomatoes and nightshade vegetables followed. This is all because I am dealing with hives and itching all the time. Drives me nuts. So I decided to find out once and for all what I am allergic to and got some tests done. I just picked up the results and out of 200 foods, I am sensitive to the following:
  • Bananas
  • Pineapple
  • Blueberries
  • Cranberries
  • Lemon
Oh and let's not forget cabbage!! Only I would be allergic to FRUIT! Dairy...no worries. Wheat? Not at all. Tomatoes....NOPE! Freaking fruit salad and coleslaw. Summer picnics be damned :)

So I guess it is good news but it certainly doesn't answer why I am itching like I need to be de-loused all the time. The doctor performed some other tests and it looks like I am severely enzyme deficient. This is kind of comical in a way since I work for a company that specializes in enzymes yet I don't actually take them. "I don't find I need them, I am not bloated." Well sister, looks like you do! I also have a lot of inflammation in my ileum, which is the last part of your small intestine. I guess a colonic is in order. Good times, good times...

The doctor wants me to take enzymes and probiotics (along with my other supplements), follow a grain-free and low coffee diet (she actually said no coffee but I am pretending I heard LOW coffee) and come back in three weeks for a follow up. This is my first step in eating to heal my body, not to lose weight. Feels kind of liberating!

No comments:

Post a Comment