Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I'm a quitter!

We think of quitting in a negative way but what about when someone quits something that no longer serves them? Quitting smoking for example. Last night I quit Weight Watchers. I didn't give up on losing weight but I quit the program I was on. It was not easy to do but I am so glad I did. I feel relieved to be moving forward in a more positive direction.

I went back and was re-reading some of my initial posts from January when my plan was all shiny and new. Part of me felt bad that I wasn't following through but then I thought about Albert Einstein's definition of insanity.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 

What I have been doing to myself both physically and mentally is insane. I know better and that is why I get so frustrated with myself! My history of one extreme diet after another is the definition of insanity. I am excited about the days, weeks and months ahead. This is whole new territory for me but it feels like home. It is where I need to be. Fitting that I finally bit the bullet on International No Diet Day. It was like a sign that I was making the right decision. I shared this on my Facebook but I will share it here as well. After my visceral reaction to my weigh-in yesterday, it is a message that I need to adopt as fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment