Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 13 Update: Happy Birthday to ME :)

Good old Monday mornings. This morning was one of mixed emotions for me. Excitement because it is my birthday and we have a new graphic designer starting at work today. Fear because it was my weigh-in and my 3 month progress point. I had set the goal of being down 30 pounds by my birthday and as of last week, was 1.1 pounds away. Sadly, I actually gained 1.6 pounds this week so didn't reach my goal. I am very disappointed but am going to shake it off.

I have been learning so much from this process and do feel like this time it is going to happen once and for all. I have to embrace all of the ups and downs and that is what I am trying to do. It is hard not to be too hard on myself, that is my nature. I didn't reach this goal but I will (and very soon).

I am going to re-focus and set a stretch goal of being down 40 pounds by May 1st. I have been a little too relaxed with my eating and exercising (or lack thereof) lately.  I thrive under pressure so hopefully this will get me back on track. What I do know for sure is that this time next year when I turn 38 years old, I will be a whole new chick. Same person on the inside with a more vibrant and healthier body on the outside.

So Happy Birthday old girl, you aren't perfect but you are doing your best! Keep up the good work :)

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Louise, I know you can do it! :) And Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 29lbs is perfect. 35lbs by the end of April would be aesome too kid. You're doing great, December is 8 months away. Luv Unky Ho

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Aesome is the new cool way of spelling awesome.

    ReplyDelete