Thursday, April 25, 2013

Week 16 Update: I'm Baaaaaaaack!


Wow what a busy time the last few weeks have been. I decided to take a little break from the blog and Facebook so that I could give my 100% attention to some other things in my life. My intended one week off has turned into almost 3 but I am back and I am feeling recharged. Thanks for all of you that have reached out to me, I am doing great! Just honoring the need to unplug from it all from time to time.
First off, let me share my weigh-in results: Since my last post I have lost 3.6 pounds and have FINALLY broken the 30 pound mark (down 31.1 pounds to be exact). I didn’t make my April 1st goal but I did reach it during April so that is a success in my books. Another success was an uneventful flight to and from Vancouver. I did not feel any more uncomfortable than the average person and did not require a seatbelt extender. I wasted so much energy worrying about that trip and I am certain when I say that this was the last time that flying will be so stressful for this girl.
In other modes of transportation, we bought a new vehicle. Our Buick was going to be requiring a new steering system, tires and transmission so it was time to retire that ride. While initially very reluctant to the idea, we ended up buying a Dodge Grand Caravan. That’s right folks…a minivan! I didn’t see that coming but you can’t beat the practicality. Parenthood can sure increase your lameness quotient. That said; I am digging my “Loser Cruiser” as my BFF so kindly called it.  She’s just jealous! J
Another very positive change that April has brought about is that Jon and I are getting along much better. I think taking a step back from all the pressure I was putting on myself has given me the energy to put into my marriage. We are a work in progress but the atmosphere in our home is so much lighter and more relaxed. If you read this babe, I love you and am thankful for everything you do and everything you are to our little family. We are all very blessed.
On the diet front, I have been all over the map. Some days are good, others are bad. My resolve to not “tweak” the program is long gone and I am trying all sorts of things from “bullet-proof” coffee to juice fasts. I know I know TRUST ME, I KNOW! That is the subject of my next blog post.
Big hugs to you all! I have a lot of catching up to do so if I missed a Facebook post, I apologize. I should be all caught up soon.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment