Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Magic One Minute "Bread"

I wanted to share with you all a little gluten-free, sugar-free, yeast-free, dairy-free (sounds delicious so far doesn't it?) bread recipe that is ready in under 2 minutes. Now I use the term BREAD loosely but it works for me. In fact I did slice it in half the other day and put ham, mayo and tomato on it to eat like a sandwich....DIVINE after not eating one in so long. Here you go:

  1. Take a small bowl and lightly grease it with butter or spray oil.
  2. Break an egg into the bowl and mix it well with a fork.
  3. Add 1.5 tablespoons of milled Flaxseed powder and 1.5 tablespoons of almond meal and stir until mixed.
  4. Add in 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and whatever spices you want to add
      • For savory I add greek or italian seasoning. Sometimes a squirt of sirachi hot sauce.
      • For a sweeter version I add cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
Pop this into the microwave for 1 minute (1 minute 30 seconds max) and you have a sort of muffin/bread like concoction. I keep my flaxseed and almond meal in the freezer to keep it fresh. For those of you doing low carb or gluten-free this is a MUCH healthier option than most of the breads and GF baked goods that are out there. It is high fiber so it keeps you full. Delicious with a little cream cheese on top.

Try it and let me know if you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment