Friday, March 1, 2013

In Like a Lion.......


Out like a lamb….Mmmmmmm Lamb.
I couldn’t be happier that March has arrived. It feels like a fresh start after a less than stellar February. Last month was a tough one and I think it was for a lot of people. I felt completely off my game. Even though I lost some weight, I didn’t end the month feeling in a better place than when I began. In the spirit of starting fresh it is full disclosure time:
1)      I haven’t been writing my goals every day or reviewing my mission statement. I am not sure why because obviously that is effecting me and my drive. I am not in the right headspace but I am going to begin again tonight. It is important to keep my eye on the prize!

2)      I have been allowing myself a little too much lee-way with my gluten-free lifestyle. Just because there is no gluten in ice cream doesn’t mean it has a free pass.

3)      The last few days I have fallen off the wagon big time and eaten a pile of crap. Yesterday I didn’t even track my points because I knew I was WAY over.  Sticking my head in the sand got me in this mess so going forward I am tracking regardless of what the damage will be!

4)      Jon and I have really not been getting along. I have been looking for any excuse to explain my bitchiness (as my posts indicate). Everything from adrenal fatigue to full moons but the truth is there is no excuse. I take him for granted and he is getting the brunt of the anger I have with myself for letting things go this month. When I feel out of control, I have to control something or SOMEONE. When I am angry at myself, it is much easier to direct that anger outward. Sadly he has been my punching bag (not literally!) and I am sorry for that.
ONWARD AND UPWARD! March has always felt like a month of renewal to me and that is exactly what I am going to do. I am going to renew my resolve to get this weight off once and for all. I am going to renew my commitment to my marriage and put in the work to make things better. I am going to renew my goals and my excitement about what lies ahead. It is a new month and a new beginning on this (sometimes bumpy) journey towards a NEW ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment