Saturday, December 22, 2012

Blogging while Baileying

I don't know what it is about the holidays that makes me crave Bailey's so much? The holidays and cottages actually. Those who know me know that I am not much of a drinker. In fact, for a heavyweight I am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol but at this time of year Bailey's calls my name.  So as I sit here sipping my coffee and Baileys I am thinking about the last few days. I had a bit of a panicky feeling yesterday after my blog post. I was thinking "What are people going to think of me?" and my classic fear of judgement started creeping in.

In order for me to reach my objectives with this blog, I have to be genuine and honest. With that comes the feeling of being exposed. With that exposure has come a flood of support and loving words from friends near and far. Am I being judged? I imagine there are a few people who have stumbled across my posts that can't relate to my words and experiences. Maybe they think I am weak willed? Maybe they think I am crazy for sharing this with the world? But the bottom line is what they think doesn't matter. I am reminded of a quote from Wayne Dyer that I will close with tonight because it fits so perfectly:

"What other people think of me is none of my business."

No comments:

Post a Comment