Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas To All!

Well it is Christmas eve and this will be my last post for a day or two. I have decided to look back on the year and all I have to be grateful for. This is something I usually do on New Years Eve but this year I will be looking FORWARD, not back :)

This time last year Jon and I were in the hospital. I was admitted the day before with a bad flu, not a good thing when you are 8 months pregnant. We were so worried that they were going to induce me and we would meet our little miracle 6 weeks early. Thank goodness that was not necessary and he was able to stay cozy inside for another 5 weeks. We were discharged 15 minutes before Christmas day and were so happy to be home.


Aidan Kennedy Vokins was born 5 weeks later at 12:30 AM February 1st. He was and continues to be our pride and joy. Of course, he is what I am most grateful for in 2012 but there is more.

  • I am super grateful that my mother was able to stay with us for 3 weeks after Aidan arrived. Having her there made my transition to motherhood much smoother. I am sure there were many times that she bit her tongue but I appreciated her letting me figure things out on my own with gentle guidance when needed.
  • Along the same lines, I am grateful at how many times I got to visit with my family this year. I am so happy that they have been able to see Aidan every few monthes to watch him change and grow.
  • I am grateful to have such an understanding boss and coworkers when I decided not to come back to work when Aidan was 6 monthes old.
  • I feel blessed to have sold our home and bought our dream house so smoothly. The whole process took less than 1 month and our marriage survived!
  • Now that I am back to work, I am so happy to no longer have such a long commute. Before I was driving 1.5 hours each way and now I can get door to door in 11 minutes. Such an amazing feeling.
  • I am glad that this year taught us that we can live on much less money (due to my being on maternity leave) and helped us to see where we were living in excess. To survive on 1/4 of our income and not go into debt is a huge victory in my books!
  •  I am over the moon with gratitude that Jon is staying home to take care of Aidan for the next year or more. It means sacrifices for sure but it just feels right for our situation. He is a great dad and I am so proud of both of them!
Lastly, I am grateful for all of you. My friends, family and strangers who are sending such awesome vibes in my direction. I hope that this year has been filled with many blessings for all of you as well and that 2013 is overflowing with many more.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.....

No comments:

Post a Comment