Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Family Day!

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to wish you all a happy family day, I hope you have enjoyed your long weekend for those who have one.

We had a nice visit with Jon's family on Saturday followed by the drive from hell home. Yesterday I was incapacitated with the aftermath of a charliehorse and I was quite bitchy (or so I hear). Today, in the spirit of Family Day, I went out for coffee with a friend. Sometimes the best part of Family Day is getting away from them for a few hours!! :)

Tomorrow is weigh in and I am feeling optimistic. My clothes are definitely feeling looser these days so even if it doesn't show on the scale, I know my body is changing. I stuck to plan and eating gluten free so that is a victory. In the past I used a long weekend or holiday as an excuse to eat lots of crap so obviously my mindset is changing as well. I have to get back on track with my goal setting so that I keep my eye on the prize.

I wanted to mention a great little shop that I found when we were in Ajax. "Above Average Consignments" is located at 252 Bayly Street West in the same plaza as Dairy Queen. It is a consignment store for plus-sized clothing and they have some amazing things in stock. I hit the mother-load and spent next to nothing. Definitely worth the trip to Ajax. Here is their website:
http://aboveaverageconsignments.com/Home_Page.html

Last but not least, a special shout out to my family. I am blessed beyond compare to have the family I have. We are a crazy bunch but that what makes us work so well. Thanks for always being there! A quote to honour us in the spirit of Aidan's birthday gift from the north......Love you!

"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops."
  - Cary Grant

1 comment: