Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week 7 Update: 1/5 of the way there!!!

We had our weigh-in this morning because Weight Watchers was closed for family day and I am down 1.3 pounds. This brings my total so far to 21 pounds! I am very pleased except it means it is time to do my first follow up pictures...Camera's and I aren't the best of friends but I am working on it! I will post them tomorrow.

This past week I did some things really great and others, not so much. I am getting a little lazy with my tracking, goal setting and drinking my water so that has to change. Remember my post about your body whispering to  you? Well I had a wicked leg cramp Sunday morning that was my body yelling at me  "I am dehydrated dammit!!!". I find it easy to slip back into the habit of drinking coffee till I percolate the stuff, this was just the (painful) reminder I needed.

I have been really good about avoiding gluten and I am sure feeling the benefit. Not only do I feel more energetic overall, I notice a big change in my tummy. I wish I had taken a waist measurement in the beginning but I didn't. Regardless, my clothes are much looser in the past 2 weeks so my shape is changing. Again a word of advice with regards to going gluten-free. AVOID all of the gluten-free replacement foods that are out there (the cookies, breads, crackers, pastas etc). Most of them are made with highly processed rice or potato flour which causes the blood sugar to spike. If you want to lose weight, this is exactly what we are trying to avoid. If you are going to have a rice cake or rice crackers, pair them with something either high protein or high fat in order to balance your blood sugar. It is not to say you can never have these things (I had some gluten free cake on the weekend), you just don't want to make them the basis of your diet. Choose lots of protein, veggies, fruit and dairy if you can tolerate it. Potatoes are fine in moderation, sweet potatoes even better. Brown rice, quinoa, millet....again in moderation. Personally I am feeling that the benefits of giving up wheat are far outweighing the sacrifices you need to make. It isn't for everyone, you have to follow the path that feels right for you.

In the detox department, I am still taking Renew Life Critical Liver Support before each meal. I think this is helping with my cravings as well. LOVE this product and will continue on it indefinitely. I am only 7 weeks into this process but I am feeling so much more vibrant and clear. It feels "do-able" this time and much of that is because of the support from you guys. The accountability doesn't hurt as well!! Love to hear your success stories and also your struggles, we are in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment