Thursday, January 31, 2013

1 Down 11 more to go!

I have been home sick for a few days so have had a lot of time to think about this last month. I am so pleased about many things but most of all about this blog. Primarily, I am so happy to have connected and reconnected with so many people who can relate to my journey. It has been such a blessing to know I am not alone and that maybe my struggles can help someone else. I have also found the emotional/creative outlet to be amazing for those times when my resolve to "STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIES" was less than rock solid. All of my introspection in writing these posts has taught me a lot about myself and I think it will be a huge part of me healing this whacked relationship I have with food.

Everyday in January, I  rewrote my goals and most of them I stuck with. The only setback I had was when I hurt my knee so I was unable to continue my daily walks. I am hoping to get back at it soon though, I actually miss them! Now I have to look into February and what my objectives for this month are. Last month I wanted to just stick to the weight watchers plan and eat within my daily point limit. I did that I am pleased to say. Now this month I want to make better choices with my food so I am nourishing my body instead of just feeding it. Does that make sense? I need to stick to more whole foods and less of the 2 point snacks which are basically empty calories. I also want to resume walking at a pace that means I don't injure my knee further. I am down 1 month of cleansing so I will continue with the detoxification process with a slight change of focus. Here are my goals for February 2013:

  1. I make daily food choices that nourish my body and flood my cells with nutrients to build the new me.
  2. I drink 3 litres of water and limit my coffee consumption to 2 cups daily so that my body is well hydrated and replenished.
  3. I walk every day that I am able and get leaner and stronger with every step.
  4. I detoxify my body and mind from all things toxic so that I radiate health and happiness.
  5. I write and rewrite my goals daily until they become my reality.
February is the month of love and family. This February I am going to work on reconnecting with my husband and spending quality time with my loved ones. I know that taking care of myself ultimately benefits them but I want to make sure that they know they are not lost in this process. I appreciate Jon's support so much and sometimes take it for granted. That changes now. Old habits die hard so I am giving him permission (in writing) here today to call me on my bullshit when necessary and I will do the same. Onward and upward.

Love to all and thanks again for the support!

2 comments:

  1. food has always been such a struggle for me. i am so fed up with the addiction that i have with food. i always have the best intentions to stick to a healthy eating plan but end up not being able to stick to it by the end of the day. consistency is what i am lacking... success for me would just be having the ability to be consistent.
    Russ Mulligan (facebook)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Russ,

      I can totally relate! It is not like I don't know the right things to do, it is just doing them. I remember once hearing that success in anything is based on the choices you make most of the time. I think this is so true with food. Good choices MOST of the time move us in the right direction. Bad choices MOST of the time move us in the opposite. We don't need to be perfect, just make the right choices MOST of the time.
      Hugs,
      Louise

      Delete