Monday, January 7, 2013

Week One UPDATE :)

HI Everyone,

My first week is under my belt and I would say it has been a grand success. Now the first week on any weight loss program you tend to have a big loss at the scale. Mostly water but it is still very encouraging. My weigh in was this morning and I am down.....drum roll please.............10.7 pounds!
That is 1/10 of the way to my goal and a nice way to start this journey.

Bigger than the weight loss for me is the fact that I wasn't obsessing about food all week. Obsessing about blogging???? Maybe! But with regards to food, I just followed the WW program as it was laid out and didn't find I was playing games with myself or the program. I wrote and rewrote my goals every morning and evening and fine tuned them by the end of the week to really resonate with me. I will rewrite them here:

  • I weigh 100 or more pounds lighter by December 31, 2013 and I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to!
  • I drink 3 liters of pure water every day to hydrate and replenish my entire body.
  • I walk a little bit further every day and feel my body getting leaner and stronger with every step.
  • I detoxify my body and mind from all things toxic and I glow from the inside out.
  • I write and rewrite my goals daily until they become my reality.

I am also finishing up my box of Total Body Rapid Cleanse I am feeling pretty good so far. I had a bad headache for the first 4 days. No problems with running to the bathroom or anything of that nature. What I did notice (as did my husband) is that I have been on bitch on wheels! In chinese medicine they refer to the liver as the "seat of anger". The philosophy is that it stores not only your anger and negative emotions but also those of your loved ones (spouse, children, parents etc). When you begin to work on your liver, as you are doing when you cleanse, these negative emotions can surface. I definately noticed that. I tend to be a little short tempered with Jon but I found myself getting impatient with Aidan and that is not like me. Especially near the end of the day I would find myself getting really agitated. The first week on a cleanse is the hardest for some people but I always found my cleansing reactions went up a notch when I entered week 2 so we will see what the next 7 days brings. Hopefully I don't kill Jon in the process. I mean how much anger can be stored in one little organ????

So onto week 2. I want to thank you all again for your support and encouragment. I am so happy I am not taking this journey alone!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! What a good way to stay on track, by blogging. I've lost 120 pounds and it has changed my life in every way! Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading your weekly posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,
    Thanks so much and amazing job!!! My goal is to actually lose 120 but I think 100 is doable this year. I actually post almost daily so if you want to add me as a facebook friend so you don't miss any, feel free! Louise Vokins

    ReplyDelete