Friday, January 25, 2013

Making It My Mission

Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life’s about creating yourself. 
  – George Bernard Shaw

I love this quote and I think it is so powerful  As someone who has wasted much of my adult life trying to find my purpose or passion, I also find this quote liberating. You mean, my life can be about whatever the hell I want it to be about? AWESOME!
The last two days I did an exercise to try to harness the power of the pleasure pain principle. What I do next is take the best of what the exercise taught me and create a mission statement for myself. This is something that I will print out and carry with me at all times. It is a good thing to read daily but especially when your resolve is slipping. Your mission statement doesn’t have to be long but it does have to mean something to you. The power lies in how you connect to the words; how they resonate with you and your desires.

It is my year to finally gain control of my life. It is my responsibility to take care of myself so that I am here for my family. It is my goal to nurture my body and mind into lasting change. It is my vision to become the radiant woman that I know exists inside. It is my desire to live a life of passion and adventure. It is my time to rise to the occasion and CREATE my best self.

This is MY mission. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment